We Rock the Spectrum – Boca Raton offers the following services!
Helena Ehrlich, MOT, OTR/L with
“Way To Grow Pediatric Therapy, Inc”
Helena earned her Master’s of Occupational Therapy, from NOVA Southeastern University. She also holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Family and Child Sciences from Florida State University. She has experience working with a wide age range and various populations including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Developmental Delay, ADHD, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, and Sensory Processing Difficulties. Helena also has experienced providing OT services in an inpatient psychiatric unit working with different mental illnesses.
Helena has always had a passion for working with special needs children and helping them to overcome challenges in order to function more independently. She has worked as both a nanny for children with autism as well as worked at a summer camp for special needs populations before pursuing a career in Occupational Therapy. Helena has plans to pursue training and workshops to be able to implement programs such as handwriting without tears, assistive technology programs to use on tablets, as well as other skills to be able to implement into practice.
Helena is a licensed and qualified therapist skilled and experienced in working with a variety of conditions including:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Developmental Delay
- Sensory Integration/Processing Difficulties
- Down Syndrome
- Cerebral Palsy
- Fine and Gross Motor Deficits
An Occupational Therapist’s goal is to help children develop functional skills needed for independence. Areas we assist in include play, self-care, academics, fine and gross motor skill development and social skills. We use skilled assessments to determine areas of deficits and provide evidence-based intervention to increase skills in areas of deficits.
Occupational Therapy services can help performance in the following areas:
- Activities of Daily Living (ADLS) includes dressing, hygiene, grooming, bathing, and more.
- Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLS) includes meal preparation, money management, community mobility, home management and more.
- Education/ School Related includes handwriting, attention, test taking, parent education and reccomendations for adaptations and modification in the classroom and at home and more.
- Play includes the use of developmentally appropriate toys and play activities to promote skill development.
- Social Skills includes activities to increase effective interaction and communication skills • Gross and Fine motor skill development includes strengthening, endurance, motor planning, balance, coordination, and more.
- Sensory Processing includes assessing sensory styles and difficulties and providing interventions to better regulate sensory input and organize the sensory system.
- Visual Motor Integration includes providing activities to promote hand eye coordination to increase skills for things such as handwriting or catching a ball.
For more information or any questions please contact Helena!
Dana Weine, DTR
Certified DIR Floortime® Provider
Dana is a Developmental Therapist and certified DIR Floortime® Provider with over fifteen years of experience treating children with autism and other developmental differences in clinical, school, and home-based settings.
Dana earned her Masters of Science in Child Development in 2001 from the Erikson Institute of Chicago. She has extensive knowledge in both typical and atypical child development, with an emphasis on human development and mental health.
As a mom of 3 who has been through DIR as a parent of children with ADHD, Sensory Processing Disorder, and anxiety, Dana is committed to partnering with and educating families, therapists, educators, and other professionals about DIR (The Developmental Individual-difference Relationship-based model).
Dana has always been passionate about helping others and is fulfilling her dream of combining her education, work expertise, and personal experience to create and implement developmentally appropriate and comprehensive individualized intervention plans that truly address underlying issues to children can move forward both socially and academically.
- Individual play-based therapy
- Facilitated social skill groups
- DIR Floortime®
- Parent Coaching
- Developmental Assessments
- School observation
- Teacher/classroom support
- Education for parents, caregivers, educators, therapists, and other professionals
For more information, contact Dana!